What are the reciprocal trigonometric functions?
- There are three reciprocal trig functions corresponding to the three regular trig functions
- Cotangent can also be written in terms of sine and cosine
- To solve equations with the reciprocal trig functions, convert them into the regular trig functions and solve in the usual way.
- Don't forget that both tan and cot can be written in terms of sin and cos (see the Worked Example below).
- You will sometimes see csc instead of cosec for cosecant.