Edexcel IGCSE Maths 复习笔记 4.11.1 Area - Formulae
What is area and why do we need to calculate it?
- Area is the amount of space taken up by a two-dimensional shape
- Volume deals with three-dimensional shapes and space
- Some of the uses of area are a little more obvious than some areas of maths
- Examples include working out the area of a floor if laying or purchasing a new carpet or the amount of land needed if designing a sports field
Area – using formulae
- There are some basic formulae you should know and be comfortable using
- Be aware that some area formulae use distances that aren’t necessarily one of the sides of the shape
- Make sure you know what the different letters in each formula are referring to
- These formulae are essential – anything more complicated will be given in the exam:
You may have to do some work to find the lengths first – using Pythagoras Theorem, Trigonometry (SOHCAHTOA) etc. so make sure you look out for that!