What is a distance-time graph?
- Distance-time graphs show distance from a fixed point at different times
- Distance is on the vertical axis, and time is on the horizontal axis.
- The gradient of the graph is the speed:Speed =RISE / RUN=DISTANCE / TIME
- Straight line = Constant speed
- Horizontal line = Stationary (not moving!)
It is easy to get confused between different types of graph.
Look at the label on the vertical axis to make sure you are looking at a DISTANCE-time graph (not speed-time).