2009 AP Microeconomics Free-Response Questions Free Download
2009 AP 微观经济简答题部分免费下载
1）CableNow is the only supplier of cable TV services offering a wide range of TV channels. CableNow is an unregulated firm and is currently earning an economic profit. Assume that CableNow does not practice price discrimination.
- Draw a correctly labeled graph for CableNow and show each of the following. Make sure your graph is large enough to be legible.
- The profit-maximizing quantity of cable services, labeled as Q*
- The profit-maximizing price, labeled as P*
- The area of economic profit, completely shaded
- The socially optimal level of cable services, assuming no externalities, labeled as QS
- Assume that the government grants CableNow a lump-sum subsidy of $1 million. Will this policy change CableNow’s profit-maximizing quantity of cable services? Explain.
- Instead of granting a subsidy, assume now that the government chooses to require CableNow to produce the quantity at which CableNow earns zero economic profit. On the graph you drew in part (a), label this quantity QR.
- At QR, is the firm’s accounting profit positive, negative, or zero? Explain.
- Assume that a new study reveals there are external benefits associated with watching TV. Will the socially optimal quantity of cable services now be larger than, smaller than, or equal to the QS you identified in part (a)(iv) ?
2009 AP Microeconomics微观经济FRQ简答题完整版答案免费下载
2009 AP Microeconomics（Form B） Free-Response Questions Free Download
2009 AP 微观经济（Form B）简答题部分免费下载